The World Series of Wine fundraising event was once a reliable source of revenue for WVIZ/PBS, but ticket sales have been in sharp decline since 2009. The first step was to make the entire event look to be a higher-class of gathering. Wine naturally lends itself to an elegant presentation, so I simplified the logo and created all new print materials to present the World Series of Wine as an upscale event. I changed the invitation format they’ve used for years to make it seem more like an invitation to an exclusive gala and less like a fundraising brochure. The clients promotional outlets were severely under-utilized, so I created print materials that were exclusive to specific event partners. Ticket sales increased by 53%.
- Invitation and reply card
- Digital and print and advertisements in The Plain Dealer, Cleveland Magazine and Inside Business
- Table tent advertisements used in the Terrace Club (venue)
- Wine bottle hangtags for use in Heinen’s stores on wine bottles from featured vineyards
- Tasting program
- Event signage
- Facebook and web graphics